Tour de Way lets you explore our region all year long with 100 locations perfect for the adventurer, the art lover, the aviation enthusiast, the beer connoisseur, and everyone else in between.Keep an eye out on social media - temporary and pop up locations will be happening throughout the year and help you win amazing prizes like a SmithFly Shoal Tent or a bicycle from Spoken Bicycles!
How it works:
- Visit one of our tour locations and follow the instructions to find the QR code
- Scan the QR code with your smartphone - for most smartphone users, QR code readers are now embedded into your native phone camera. Simply open your camera app and point it at the QR code to be directed to the website.
- The first time you scan, you'll need to create a Great Miami Riverway account so that your locations are saved
- Every QR code you scan will be automatically saved in your account
- That's it! Scan the locations in your passport and at bonus locations between May 4, 2019 and March 1, 2020. At the 2020 Riverway Summit, we will announce the winners of our prize packages. Watch for monthly prize giveaways on our social media pages, too. You do not need to be present to win, but you do need to be able to locally pick up your prizes. They are too large to ship!
- Keep checking the Riverway's social media accounts for pop-up and temporary QR code locations. If you want to win the BIG prizes, you'll need those extra points!
Learn more here.
Some details you should know:
- Tour de Way runs from May 4, 2019 - March 1, 2020. QR codes will only be accessible between those dates.
- The more locations you visit, the more chances you have to win. Each location enters your name into the drawing so if you visit 50 locations, you have 50 chances to win.
- Participants who take a photo while exploring with the hashtag #RiverwayGiveaway will receive DOUBLE points for that location. Photos should be posted on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter.
Some rules you should know:
- This is not a race. We encourage you to spend time in each location and enjoy the community. You have ten months to complete this, enjoy it!
- When taking photos for bonus points, please keep them family-friendly
- This is not geocaching. QR codes should be easily found with the directions listed below. If you don't see the code, please ask someone at your location who could direct you to the right location. If that doesn't work, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If QR codes really aren't your thing, you can stop by Miami Conservancy District (38 E. Monument Ave., Dayton) to pick up a paper copy of the passport. Hours: Monday - Friday, 9am - 4pm. Paper passports MUST be turned in by February 1, 2020 to be eligible for prizes.